Give Kids the World: What Can Your Help Do?
From those earlier posts, you’ve seen what Give Kids the World is all about. You’ve seen what families, volunteers, and staff have to say about the Village. That there is a need is unquestionable. But what can your donation really accomplish? If you say “yes” to helping us help Give Kids the World, what can your donation do? Well, this is what Give Kids the World says it can do.
- $25 says YES to unlimited ice cream served in our Ice Cream Palace for an entire week for one family.
Imagine; ice cream for breakfast! And the only hard part is choosing between a cone, cup, sundae, or banana split!
- $50 says YES to a welcome basket for one family.
Each basket includes milk, juice, and snacks in the fridge and gifts including an autograph book for the kids to capture signatures of their favorite characters.
- $75 says YES to our Gift-giving Fairy who delivers gifts to each child in the family, every day of their stay.
Stuffed animals, DVD’s, games, souvenirs, and more – all the things that make a child’s face light up with joy.
- $100 says YES to Christmas every Thursday, complete with visits from Santa, horse-drawn carriage rides, and yes, even snow in Florida!
But that’s not all – there is a special entertainment program every night of the week where kids can become pirates or princesses, take to the stage to show off their talents, and play the world’s largest CANDY LAND game – all this and more!
And what do the families who benefit from the Village say?
To all the Staff and Volunteers at Give Kids The World Village:Thank you very much for your hospitality during our stay. We can’t express enough how grateful we are. This was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We have a hard time describing the Village because it is sooo incredible. From the big picture to the smallest details, you have thought of everything. We feel sooo fortunate to have been given this amazing vacation.The people who created the Village and the people who run it now know exactly what a “special needs family” truly needs. We were almost feeling guilty of having too much fun! Our whole family felt special and “catered to,” but the best part was seeing the kindness, patience, and care given to Jesse. People (staff & Volunteers) said hello to Jesse, talked to him, gave him the time he needs to respond, made him feel recognized in the world. As he gets older, less people acknowledge him, which breaks our hearts. You helped us forget that for an entire week. God gave us such a wonderful blessing to experience the GKTW Village. You are all selfless individuals and together you help share your gifts with families in need of a boost of love and joy.Jesse is doing amazing things after our trip! He is standing by himself for long periods of time, taking steps unassisted, babbling new sounds, and smiling and laughing more. I feel you have jump-started the miracle we’ve been praying for. Thank you.
This is what your donation can do. This is what our partnership can help make a reality, one family at a time.
As before, we’re asking friends, family, or anyone else who can and would like to help to do one of these:
- Donate Money. When we go for our day of service, we want to bring as much donated money as we can as a gift from us–and from you. Use the button below to donate to a special PayPal account I’ve set up. Any amount is appreciated–whether $2 or $3 or $50 or $100–and you don’t even need a PayPal account if you’re donating via credit card! If you’re near us (or we know each other well enough that you have our address), mail a check–made payable to Give Kids the World. We will combine all the online donations into a single check, and bring it and any other checks we receive to the Village. Of course, we will also include a list of each of your names and how much you donated so they know exactly who this special gift and blessing came from.
- Donate Supplies. Help Give Kids The World keep costs down–and smiles up–by donating items from their Wish List. The list includes items needed for their daily gift-giving program, supplies for their Family Entertainment Program and items to help keep the Village sparkling. If we are local to you, we can come pick up whatever you want to donate. For some of the items, you can mail them to us (again, if we know each other well enough that you have our address). Or you can donate money and tell us you want us to use it to buy certain items and we’ll do that. As with the money, we’ll bring with us a list of who donated what.
Remember, we only have until Saturday, October 16, 2010 to be able to accept donations, so please, donate today and give us the honor of representing you at Give Kids the World Village. From Faye, myself, and everyone at Give Kids the World, thank you so much.