Let’s Try This Again…All Together Now!
Well, I hadn’t intended or expected this post to also be about my Indiegogo campaign, but it is.
Have you ever had a dream that didn’t come true? You worked for it and believed in it, but it just didn’t happen? Well, that’s where I find myself on the cusp of right now.
The campaign ended Sunday night at midnight. There was some last-minute activity, but we came up well short of the goal (raising just over $2,000 of the needed $6,000). Because it was set up as a traditional-funding campaign, it was all or nothing, and since we didn’t get to all…we got nothing.
That may seem like defeat. I’m not willing to accept it as final, though. So I’ve started a new campaign, with a few key differences:
1. This one is a flexible-funding campaign. That means whatever gets raised I keep to put towards the project. Something will come from this one (financially speaking).
2. I’ve reduced the goal to $4,000. This is actually the opposite of what I really need to do, since costs have increased since I set the first goal (it’s now going to cost me almost $400–at least–just to have permission to use the Scripture quotes I have, for example), but I believe I need to make the goal more reachable for all my supporters.
3. The deadline comes much sooner on this one–less than 2 weeks from today (October 22).
If we exceed the goal, that would be awesome, but right now I’m just shooting for hitting it, and I’ll make up whatever I have to out of my own pocket. That means I may not be able to do as much as I’d planned, though. The audiobook may have to wait, for example. It may cut back on what I can offer people who purchase during the first week as an incentive. I may even have to cut back in other areas–those will be difficult and deep cuts that I’d rather not contemplate just yet.
I will do whatever I have to do, though. I am determined to see this through and to bring Faith and the Magic Kingdom to you, and to the world. It may not be on the scope it deserves, but it will happen. I will sacrifice however I have to. I will work however hard I need to. It will happen.
All that said, you can still make this possible, and I truly need your help. I can only work so hard and I do have limited resources. Which means in the next 12 days, I need your help to pull out all the stops.
- Contribute whatever you can. If enough people back the project with $5, we can reach the goal and more. Please don’t think you can’t make a difference. It’s quick and easy to do, and it means the world to me.
- Whether you can contribute or not, share the campaign with everyone you can think of. Friends, family, social media, people at your church, whatever. Use this link: http://igg.me/at/faithmk2. On the page itself, right below the video are quick links to like & share it on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, embed it in your own posts, and email it. You can even share this post if you want to.
Please be a part of making this dream come true. And someday, when you are pursuing your dream, I pray that many people come alongside you and support you in the same way that you do for me. Thank you.