Stories of the Magic Podcast – Episode 018 – Jill Burke, Part 1
Stories of the Magic, Episode 18
Interview Guest: Jill Burke
Sponsored by Leaving Conformity Coaching.
On this show, I’m delighted to share with you part 1 of my interview with Jill Burke, and this was another one I got to do in person. In fact, at a few different times throughout the interview, you’ll hear some background noise. We were in a lobby area of the Grand Californian Hotel, so what you’ll be hearing is mainly guests going to and from their rooms. I’ve reduced it as much as I could, but there’s still some in there.
Jill’s work as a professional entertainer began at the Disneyland Resort, portraying such characters as Princess Jasmine, Ariel, and Pocahontas in stage shows. That’s not where she got her start at Disneyland, though, and you’ll hear more about that shortly. In fact, she has such a fantastic history with Disney that this is just about as far as we get in Part 1. I think you’ll be as fascinated as I was.
Jill talks to us about:
- How she started working at Disneyland;
- Her time on the various Tomorrowland attractions before she moved into what she really wanted to do;
- Being Jasmine as a “newbie”, surrounded by an experienced cast–and some extra fun she had in her last show;
- Being Miss Anaheim 1991 while also being a Disneyland Cast Member;
- Her roles in Animazement;
- Performing at the El Capitan Theater;