Stories of the Magic Podcast – Episode 039 – Jonathan Chang, Part 1
In this episode, we’re back to our regular format for part 1 of my interview with Jonathan Chang, a former member of the Magic Kingdom Korps. If you weren’t around Disneyland in the 1990s you may have never heard of this group (though if you’re familiar with FutureCorps at Epcot, you know the concept). I don’t hear this group talked about much, so I’m excited to get to share about them with you!
For some reason, there were some issues with the audio levels in this episode, so the volume is a bit irregular at times. I cleaned it up as much as I could, but it’s still not where I’d like it to be. Sorry about that!
In this episode Jonathan talks about…
- What he did at Disneyland;
- How he found out about the Magic Kingdom Korps and the auditions for it;
- The instrument that made the Korps unique;
- What a typical performance day was like;
- Whether he had any favorite songs they performed;
- How they managed rehearsal times;
- Exposing new audiences to drum & bugle corps music;